Sunday, March 15, 2009

I have so much to say and so little time!

Everything is going great!
I am learning Bemba. They have been keeping us very busy from sun up to sun down. I am definitely getting lots if exercise from riding my bike (and I am pretty sure it is up-hill both ways!)
My homestay family is great. I have 6 siblings (only 4 are at home) and one on the way. The food is great, very fresh. I have stayed healthy although seem to get sick from the immunizations every week.
We have language in the morning for 4 hrs then lunch and then technical stuff in the afternoon. Aside from learning the language we have been learning how to garden, farm, about tree nurserys, beekeeping... the list goes on. I am really looking forward to moving out to my site and trying it all out.
We had our first language test on Friday and it ended up going better than what I though. Thank goodness for corrupted english. (bedi, foloko, supuni, kabeji, iwindo, jamu...) And then there are no Q, R, V, X, or Z and there are no words that start with D, J, H, or J.
I still do not know where I am going to be posted but will know at the end of the month.
I am running out of time.
Part of my job is to educate those back at home about the people here. So I will leave a proverb...
Apali umunwe, e pali ibala. (Where there is a finger, there is a cultivated field.)

No comments:

Post a Comment